Crush injuries result in prosecution for a demolition company and its director. A demolition firm has been fined and one of its directors ordered to do 250 hours of unpaid work after a 20-year-old worker was crushed.
Jacksons consultants consider a recent prosecution involving a director’s fire risk failings and look at the fire safety guidance for construction projects
A Kent groundwork contractor has been fined after a petrol fire results in injuries when petrol was thrown on a bonfire.
Two companies and two people have been sentenced after an 18-year-old construction worker killed while working on a house-build construction site in Boston, Lincolnshire.
Construction site safety is vital as sites are dangerous work environments but are also interesting places for children. All construction sites require measures to manage access across defined boundaries; and steps to exclude unauthorised people.
HSE denied entry to construction site resulting in a prosecution the man who was in control of the premises. The inspectors were denied entry to the construction site in Scotland to deal with unsafe work activities. In 2021 multiple concerns about unsafe work at a construction site in Irvine had been sent to the Health […]
A warehouse explosion leads to prosecutions for a retail company and an electrical contracting company after an electrician suffered serious burns to 15 per cent of his body. On 22 September 2018, an electrician was using a metal spanner to repair an electrical fault at B&M Retail Ltd warehouse, in Speke. The spanner he was […]
Two engineering companies and their director have been sentenced for failing to manage asbestos risks to employees within the workplace. A large quantity of asbestos containing materials, including asbestos insulating board, were identified during a HSE inspection at factory premises in Kidderminster owned by Kespar Engineering Limited in February 2019. The premises were occupied by […]
A roofing boss has been jailed for four months after a worker was seriously injured falling through a fragile roof on to a concrete floor. The man and another labourer, who were working for Geoff Whitehouse, trading as Midland Roofing, were working on a fragile roof on 11 August 2021 to remove old skylights at […]
A Blackburn based building contractor has been sentenced after unsafe work methods constituted a public risk and resulted in asbestos being disturbed. Preston Crown Court heard that in November 2020, Mr Mohammed Shafiq, owner of a roller shutter business, purchased a former warehouse in Manner Sutton Street, Blackburn to convert into smaller work units, including […]
Website ©Copyright Jacksons Health & Safety 2023